Have any of you read ‘The Pillars of the Earth’ and would you recommend it?
so somehow I missed that whole subject in primary school when we were supposed to learn the geography of the US and I am currently trying to take matters into my own hands by teaching & studying & quizzing myself and these are the thoughts that run through my head:
- Idaho since when are you not in the midwest and since when do you share a border with Canada
- Minnesota, same thing to you.
- and since when is Mississippi that far down south?
- I strongly feel like good could come out of Vermont and New Hampshire forming and alliance into one perfectly rectangular state
- Connecticut is that small?
- Puerto Rico isn’t a state?
- AND WHY IS MICHIGAN CUT IN TWO PIECES
- what in fact is so new about New Mexico?
- Oklahoma looks like a pot and Tennessee looks like a frustratingly sharpened pencil
- who is Dakota
I probably fit into every pompous New Yorker stereotype about not knowing anything about US geography besides California/Florida/Texas but seriously, all of this stuff is shocking to me.